[sf-lug] Upgrading from Gutsy to Intrepid

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 24 10:02:02 PDT 2009

Quoting Asheesh Laroia (asheesh at asheesh.org):

> For what it's worth, Firefox 3.x ditches bookmarks.html in favor of a
> SQLite database. The new "bookmarks" system is called "Places."

Yes, I've recently learned this, and am a bit unhappy about that and a
number of other aspects of Firefox 3.x behaviour.  (Early 3.x releases
had performance-killingly high rates of disk access, and also Firefox
now complains if gconfd-2 isn't running, even though it has no need of
it.)

I believe at least Firefox 3.x still _exports_ bookmarks to the old,
stable format.