[sf-lug] Rick Moen quoted in article re building LUGs

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 10 22:23:40 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 05:42:17PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Restaurant venues need to be evaluated, in my experience, concerning:

What's nice about Crepeville is:

> o  size of the expected attendance, esp. relative to table size

Usually enough room and free tables, and they have no problem with us
adjoining nearby tables to expand our space.

> o  ability to accomodate larger crowds when needed

See above.

> o  noise levels

Seems good.

> o  event conflicts (e.g., karaoke or football nights)

Haven't noticed any.  Just a lot of studiers with laptops.
(Makes us hard to discern from students, I guess -- we HAVE had
problems about people not finding us.  Of course, they didn't ASK.
I've caught a few people who I see walk in, and looking around
confusedly.)

> o  policy about separate cheques and mandatory tips

You order and pay, then sit down with a number and they bring it
to you. :)  (The southwestern-style place is similar, in that
respect.)

> o  public transit, parking, credit cards, beer/wine, hours...

Downtown.  Cash or check only, but has ATM in the back.  Serves booze,
I think.  Open late.

We lucked out! :)

-bill!