[sf-lug] Upgrading from Gutsy to Intrepid

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 20:41:20 PST 2009

hi,

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:29 PM, Jesse Zbikowski <embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Jesse Zbikowski
> <embeddedlinuxguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2009/2/17 Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com>:
> >> Does anyone have any warnings of traps for the unwary
> >> in moving from Gutsy to Intrepid?
> >
> > The only issue is that it can take a few hours to download & configure
> > all the packages.
>
> I just wanted to pass on one more tip on upgrading Ubuntu with the
> Update Manager GUI.  It's a long and CPU-intensive process

We did a fresh install today with one of the senior members of our
community.  I went over to his house, and copied all of the files that he
needed.  Then we just did a fresh install from CD.  That seems to have
worked fairly well.  I like doing fresh installs, because it means that all
of the different little config files or other gooey sticky little problems
are blown away and you can keep your data and away you go with a brand new
system.

Thanks to all who replied with tips for this thread.

c u