[sf-lug] [Fwd:Dell has dragged the Linux-ARM Trojan horse inside the Wintel PC]

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Fri Feb 13 09:27:52 PST 2009

jim wrote:
> wow! thanks for the info.

    Yes well I went and looked for the specs on the two models of Latitude
mentioned below and they are expensive, sold only in the business section
and having perused the specs sheet I see no mention of the ARM processor
nor of the Linux functions so i presume they are hidden as phone phunctions
and the ARM is supposed to be there with the Linux to handle these
functions.
>    whatever happened to the linux bios effort?

    It changed its name to coreboot.

   <http://www.coreboot.org/Welcome_to_coreboot>

>    i recently read something to the effect that the
> increase in handheld systems (e.g. cellphones and
> their kin) don't work well with big software such as
> windows but do with more scaleable software such as
> linux.

    Most hardware does better with Linux if some competent
people are dealing with which functions are needed and with
how such functions should be presented, but which OS does
the iPhone run?