[sf-lug] ISPs that are good for Linux

David Sterry david at sterryit.com
Tue Jan 27 21:31:27 PST 2009

I've only ever had problems with Comcast on a GNU/Linux box since they
have a Windows-only tool that registers the cable modem. AT&T does
everything through a web browser and is agnostic about OS as far as I
can tell. Most of AT&T's more recent modems save the username and
password for PPPoE so your os doesn't have to worry about that.