[sf-lug] That Dell Dimension 2400

Bobbie Sellers bliss at sfo.com
Fri Jan 23 16:47:13 PST 2009

    So today I pulled out the graphics card and its fan
    Disconnected the DVD Drive and plugged it in again
and again the only thing that happend is that the PS and
the CPU fans run.
    No BIOS screen what so ever.

    So the next step I guess is too get it to a shop that
can tell me more.

    Meantime on the Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop I installed Mandriva 2008.1
to replace the Mephis that could not seem to recognize the old PCMCIA
Ethernet card.  Mandriva had no problem with this card.  I would have been
in a good place but had to deal with AT&T over the password to get to
my DSL account.  That is a hassle that I will need to finish working with.
But I have a minature password that should be changed ASAP.

    As long as I don't overload the 700 MHz Pentium 3 it seems to be
comfortable.  Having a problem with the printer but expect to
straighten that out soon.

    later
    Bobbie Sellers