[sf-lug] getting tired of Silverlight...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Jan 20 17:55:25 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Christian Einfeldt <einfeldt at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>> I am quite honestly getting tired of Microsoft's Silverlight.
> I just boycott sites using Silverlight.  Adobe Flash is not that much
> better, but at least they are making their stuff available for the GNU-Linux
> community.  Microsoft, of course, repeatedly states in their annual 10-k SEC
> filings that open source software hurts their revenues, and, by implication,
> that they are doing all they can to stop it.
> There is so much content out there that can be viewed in Adobe Flash on
> Linux, so why do I need to bother with Silverlight?  I don't and won't.
> Obviously, YMMV.

Evidently, I'm not the only one. http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=3302

Then there is the question of why should the Office of the President
of the United States of America use a system that limits access to
certain types of platforms only.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University
San Francisco CA 94132 USA