[sf-lug] getting tired of Silverlight...

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:42:48 PST 2009

hi,

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> I am quite honestly getting tired of Microsoft's Silverlight.

I just boycott sites using Silverlight.  Adobe Flash is not that much
better, but at least they are making their stuff available for the GNU-Linux
community.  Microsoft, of course, repeatedly states in their annual 10-k SEC
filings that open source software hurts their revenues, and, by implication,
that they are doing all they can to stop it.

There is so much content out there that can be viewed in Adobe Flash on
Linux, so why do I need to bother with Silverlight?  I don't and won't.
Obviously, YMMV.