[sf-lug] 7th & 8th grade sci teacher now using primarily Ubuntu

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 16:11:23 PST 2008

hi,

2008/12/15 Jeff Bragg <jackofnotrades at gmail.com>

> "The teacher also has a Ubuntu Intrepid CD and a legitimate copy of
> Microsoft Windows that he told me he is permitted re-install Microsoft
> Windows XP if need be."
>
> In my experience Windows should *always* be installed first

He is not going to have to do any re-installing.  I was just responding to a
point by Rick Moen, who said:  "Ideally, they would always be provided with
the means to blow away a
suspect machine configuration and autorebuild."

The teacher is now happy with his dual-booted machine, and using it daily
under Ubuntu.