[sf-lug] 7th & 8th grade sci teacher now using primarily Ubuntu

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 15:44:05 PST 2008

Sorry, I forgot to reply to the list.

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):
>
> > His problem was that he was not able to play sound at all.
>
> This customer requirement should have been discovered during
> requirements analysis, and then covered in the project's implementation
> phase, and not kludged in after the fact.

Sound was working when the machine was delivered.  The teacher said that he
was goofing around with the machine exploring it and he must have turned off
the sound.

The teacher also has a Ubuntu Intrepid CD and a legitimate copy of Microsoft
Windows that he told me he is permitted re-install Microsoft Windows XP if
need be.