[sf-lug] Android / T-Mobile G1

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:59:50 PST 2008

Despite concerns I prefer my new G1 to an iPhone. I have learned a lot in
these first two days of ownership. Though I haven't downloaded it yet, all
source code was released according to www.helloandroid.

I look forward to continued discussion on this list as I get up to speed on
Android.

--
-- Grant

On Dec 4, 2008 12:45 PM, "Rick Moen" <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

Quoting Kevin J. Smith
(kevinjsmith+lug at gmail.com<kevinjsmith%2Blug at gmail.com>):
> This looks like a somewhat interesting altern...
A bunch of articles have emerged -- see prior links -- but none of them
yet reveals whether this is yet another DRMed vendor-controlled device.

One nice thing about the Neo Freerunner (etc.) is that you know it's
absolutely not.  One strategy is thus to wait until either Android or
one of the more-conventional Linux loads for it is reasonably mature,
and then use that.