[sf-lug] Requesting help reinstalling Ubuntu

jim jim at well.com
Wed Dec 3 10:34:39 PST 2008

   the machine has USB and SD card slots. i suppose
it might at boot time see a DVD/CD ROM drive.
   gloria, can you figure that out? just after you
power the computer on, you'll see some text on the
screen that tells you which key to press to edit
BIOS (often DEL but sometimes <F2> or some such).
press the key quick and you should see a screen
that lets you choose various BIOS features. look
for "boot" and see what the list of possibilities
includes (you may have to open something and scroll
a pull-down or drop-down list).