[sf-lug] logout() error

Alex Kleider a_kleider at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 07:38:42 PST 2008

I just found the following in my Logwatch report:

Users logging in through sshd:
    alex: (76-191-214-172.dsl.dynamic.sonic.net): 4 times

**Unmatched Entries**
syslogin_perform_logout: logout() returned an error : 1 time(s)

I've never seen this before and wondered what's behind it.

I found a reference to the message @
but since I'm not running a jail it seems to be not relevant.

Could such an error get logged as a result of the scenario where I log on remotely from outside and then the connection is disrupted so presumably there's never a proper log out?