[sf-lug] Requesting help reinstalling Ubuntu

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:37:36 PST 2008

hi,

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Gloria Bromberg <muymuy1109 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I'm aware I can go to an Installfest hosted by the CABAL; I'd prefer to get
> this done in SF if possible, and not have to schlep down the Peninsula. I
> also know about the St. Anthony Tech Fair on 12/6, but I don't qualify as
> low-income.

Don't worry about not being low income.  Anyone can come to the St. Anthony
installfest and get help!  In fact, if you tell them that you are coming as
a volunteer, you, won't have to wait in line to get into the St. Anthony
installfest this Sat from 9 am to 2 pm.  Just tell them at the door that you
are there as a volunteer to help out with Linux, and they will let you in.
Then when you arrive, just ask for me (Christian Einfeldt) and we will get
you set up.  It is quite busy there, so if someone tells you that they can
help you get set up, just tell them that you and I had a specific
arrangement, and ask someone to find me.

Or, you have another alternative.  You can come to the SF-LUG meeting on
this Sunday, the day after the St. Anthony event, and you could probably get
some good help there:

http://sf-lug.com/

Here are the details:  The next SF-LUG meeting is on *Sunday December 07th,
from 11:00 AM till 1:00 PM*, at the Javacat
cafe<http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=Geary+Street,+20th+avenue+San+Francisco,+CA&ie=UTF8&latlng=37780310,-122478839,9880609735190790817&ei=ksruRuS8E6DKjAP2z8yXDQ&sig2=CX8HEtC3fQw_EOZ4LGi_PQ&cd=7>,
on Geary at 20th Ave in San Francisco.  Attendance is free.

Or, you could got to Rick Moen's house on Dec. 13 for CABAL and someone will
help you there.  Attendance is also free, although it is down on the
peninsula.  Rick has already given you tips as to how to get picked up for
that.

If you're in SF and willing to assist, or have suggestions, please contact
> me.  I have an install CD.

Or, you could call me if you are in SF, as Daniel Gimpelevich and I are
working at a public middle school in SF, and we could probably help you with
an install now until about 7 pm or so.  Please email me here or call me 1t
415-351-1300.  You might want to send me your phone number first, because I
do not pick up unscheduled calls.

Good luck!

c u

--