[sf-lug] good meeting plus post-meeting plus

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:18:58 PST 2008

hi,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Lx Rudis <lx_rudis at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> i'm looking for people willing to experiment with dyne:bolic and pure:dyne
> [especially online collaboration and media streaming, both processed video
> and audio].  if anyone's interested, or knows someone who might be
> interested , please contact me at this address.

Lx, remember that I have 80 hours of good video on-line at the Internet
Archive's Digital Tipping Point Video Collection.  We have interviews with
many dignitaries such as Christian Ude (the Mayor of Munich), Hermann-Josef
Pelgrim (the Mayor of Schwaebisch Hall), Gilberto Gil (the Culture Minister
of Brazil), and Luiz Millan Vazquez de Miguel, (the Extremaduran Minister of
Science, Education), Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, and Mark
Shuttleworth, the founder of Canonical and Unbuntu.  We have also filmed
cool software developers like Richard Stallman, Linus Torvals, Brian
Behlendorf, Miguel de Icaza, and Nat Friedman.

You can see our raw video here, where we currently have 80 hours of raw
rough cut  video.  This video will need to be re-rendered for most
applications other than casual watching, as it is our "source code".  It has
no plot or music or transitions.

 http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=digitaltippingpoint

Our keyword search index page is located below.  It is the place to go to
find specific persons or themes for our footage.

http://tinyurl.com/yluwoc

So Lx, if you want video to stream under a cc by-SA license, you have 80
hours of it above!

c u

--
Christian Einfeldt,