[sf-lug] November 2, 2008 meeting at JavaCat Bistro 20th and Geary

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Nov 2 20:41:27 PST 2008

Quoting Bobbie Sellers (bliss at sfo.com):

> Meantime if anyone knows the actual management at JavaCat it might be
> good to stress that people could be coming to a meeting from all
> around the Bay Area and that if they are going to be closed they
> should interface with the list maybe thru one member who keeps up with
> their e-mail.

I was curious about the facts behind today's situation, so I telephoned
the published Javacat main telephone number (415-933-8465) and said I
was part of a group that meets there certain Sunday afternoons, but we'd
noticed it was closed today.

The gal I was speaking to said that a staffer had been ill, so they were
short-staffed.  I said I hope the staffer gets well soon, and that we
wished them all the best.

(I did not make any suggestions to management about public outreach.)