[sf-lug] [Job Posting] Linux Administrator position in Redwood City]

jim jim at well.com
Mon Sep 22 09:47:44 PDT 2008

Linux System Administrator, Redwood City, $55 to 65 per hour

We are looking for a couple Administrators for the South Bay and
Peninsula. One of which is a Linux-based position with virtualization
experience, preferably with Xen, for a client in Redwood City.  We can
pay up to $55-60hr.

·  Provide RedHat Systems administration
·  Build, install, roll-out, monitor and decommission servers.
·  Administer team projects in migrating hardware to a new Data Center.
·  Provide comprehensive technical support and issue resolution to
ensure outstanding performance.
·  Implement hardware configurations, system layout, system capacity and
system software.
·  Xen virtualization with Red Hat Linux Kickstart.
·  DB and MySQL server install and setup for all production, client
facing systems, located locally and globally.
·  Work as a liaison with other internal groups to streamline release
process and efficiency improvements.
·  Use Remedy Action Request System to process delivery, which include
pre-built modules for notifications, escalations, and approvals.

Here are the three must haves for this position:
1. Redhat Unix System Administration expert
2. Good in Troubleshooting OS and Hardware issue
3. Xen Virtualization and Scripting

Brian Azevedo
Technical Recruiter
Bayside Solutions