[sf-lug] Other locations

jim jim at well.com
Wed Sep 3 17:20:35 PDT 2008

   i like the idea of another venue, perhaps one
meeting at javacat and one meeting at the other
venue.
   i'm hoping that we go cautiously toward that
goal: have an extra meeting, perhaps each month,
to see what the other venues are really like
(parking, food, beer, ambience, etc.). when we
find one we really like, we can make it a keeper
and announce the change on the mailing list and
on the web site. that seems to minimize the risk
that someone might come to javacat on a regularly
scheduled meeting and find no one else there.
   seems good to use your (asheesh') training
session as a reason for an extra meeting at some
other location (and openmoko, HVLC, St. Anthony's,
KIPP, Asterisk, and other topics could also serve
as a draw for an extra meeting at different
locations.