[sf-lug] will increasing RAM increase power draw during suspend-to-RAM?

Nathan Hoover nathan at foo-o-rama.com
Wed Sep 3 10:50:40 PDT 2008

I'm going to guess, without the specific EE knowledge to say for sure, that
the size of the chips is irrelevant, it's the *quantity. *

E.g., if you simply add another 512mb SODIMM, then yes, I think it would
roughly double the power consumption, but if you swapped out the 512mb
SODIMM for a 1gb or 2gb one, it would remain similar.

IANAEE, so YMMV :)