[sf-lug] Other locations

Jason Turner jturner at nonzerosums.org
Wed Sep 3 01:44:19 PDT 2008

I'll certainly sign up for Asheesh's deb tutorial.  Adding a third
meeting time to SF-LUG's monthly calendar?  Er, ok.  For me, that seems
a bit excessive -- especially under the current "free form"  structure
of the gatherings and their average attendance.  If one were to be
designated a lab/tutorial/installfest & troubleshoot time, that'd be a
little more compelling.

You asked for $.02 worth right?

In terms of locations -- well, I don't know any of the places named thus
far particularly well.  I appreciate and agree with the MUNI
constraint.  Just for fun, I'll add two more cafes to the list:

Kaleo, in the Inner Sunset.  Pretty limited hours a couple blocks from a
web of MUNI stops.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/kaleo-cafe-san-francisco#hrid:epJIZQRaDNuCiTMYjrQiVA/query:cafe

The Grind, in the Lower Haight.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-grind-cafe-san-francisco#hrid:MWumRa-_lwmZGAPg4Ct37A/query:cafe%20wireless

Though unspecified as a constraint, my preference would be spaces open
to the public that do not require special/additional coordination(with a
keymaster).  Unless of course, the group did decide to specify this new
time as being much more structured -- something it seemed the folks at
SFSU(for example) required in order to make their facilities(which are
more conducive to presentations) available.

No vote on potential new timing.  Though I'm aware that weekday evenings
pretty much rule out the above Kaleo suggestion.

--
jt