[sf-lug] sf-lug job posting policies re [Fwd: Re: Google Job Opportunities]

jim jim at well.com
Tue Sep 2 16:33:21 PDT 2008

for those who care:

   i get occasional requests from businesses and
recruiters and other such to post information
about their jobs to the sf-lug mailing list.
   some sf-lug members have expressed opinions
and the result has been our policy for job
postings:

* must specify job title, city location, and
salary range (at least a lowest figure).
* ascii format
* up to five paragraphs that describe required
job skills, applicant experience, company
policies and benefits, and contact information.
* no hyperbole: anyone qualified knows what the
industry is like and won't be fooled by
romantic puffery.

   i present the policy for your review and
in the process sneak in sarah's job info.
jim