[sf-lug] Gentoo Binary Project

jim jim at well.com
Fri Aug 29 16:43:58 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 06:01 -0700, phillip tribble wrote:

Hello,
   I liked Gentoo a lot but did not find it useful due
to the lack of binary packages. I was wondering if
anyone may be interested in working with me to create
a binary repository for Gentoo. Basically, the task
would involve us to compile every package in the
repository and share them to the public.

jim replies:
   sign me up. compiling is not hard, mainly
routine except when there are errors or
warnings, and capturing them is pretty easy.
if anyone else would like to learn how to
compile, i'll gladly demonstrate.
jim