[sf-lug] [Job Posting] Entry level Linux position at PDI/DreamWorks Animation in Redwood City
jim at well.com
Fri Aug 29 14:45:13 PDT 2008
Technical Resource Administrator
Entry level Technical Resource Administrator at PDI/DreamWorks
Animation location in Redwood City, ($14-16.00/hour).
Technical Resource Administrators (TRA's) support the 24x7 rendering
production of DreamWorks' animated feature films. In this entry-level
but mission-critical role, TRA's touch all aspects of the technical
production pipeline. They have broad interaction with production
artists from fx, animation, lighting, layout and modeling departments
as well as technical directors and technology teams.
* Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity.
* Monitor, manage and check rendered shots, verifying delivery for
dailies & rounds.
* Maintain rendering priorities and resource allocations for various
* Assist artists with render job submissions and errors.
* Monitor infrastructure servers and escalate problems.
* Handle studio help desk calls after hours and on weekends.
* Basic Linux experience.
* Fundamental systems administration skills and general technical
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to handle a fast paced, occasionally high pressure
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings
or nights when production schedules require.
* Basic shell scripting experience preferred.
* full medical, dental, vision and 401k
Please send your resume to: jobs at pdi.com. Please include your name and
TRA in the subject line.
More information about the sf-lug