[sf-lug] Unix Backup Tool on a Mac OSX

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Aug 27 13:24:14 PDT 2008

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, vincent polite wrote:

>  So, I'm volunteering at this place that runs Macs, even for the Server.
> They need a better backup tool then they have. Does anybody know
> something I can install that I can use as a backup tool. There must be
> something out that will run on the Mac. Thanks

You could use Dirvish, which is what I use - it runs fine on Macs.

http://www.dirvish.org/ has more.

You could perhaps set up some weird Time Machine-based thing, but from all
I've seen that's very fiddly. rsync and ssh are your friends, and Dirvish
makes them easy to use.

-- Asheesh.

--
Recursion n.: