[sf-lug] (no subject)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Aug 26 21:24:38 PDT 2008

Quoting Dennis J Harrison Jr (dennisharrison at gmail.com):

> Is this for real?  I haven't been on the list long at all... Does
> someone here really give away laptops? :)

Yay!  Laptops for everyone, a chicken in every pot, and _two_ Priuses in
every garage.  Make it so!

Maybe the problem is that someone made the mistake of saying the words
"free laptop" in a prior thread, which has attracted people looking for
places giving out free laptops.  As those of us who've not gotten free
laptops and felt the lack know well, it's always a mistake to mention
the phrase "free laptop" on publicly archived mailing lists, for that
reason.

So, everyone, please join me in being really careful, going forward, to
never mention "free laptop".