[sf-lug] looking for a domain name service provider

toya toya at linefeed.org
Thu Aug 21 07:43:52 PDT 2008

Hi,

I normally use gandi.net to register domains, they are in France and
have a really good privacy policy for their clients. For DNS I use
everydns.net, It is a project created by the same guy who owns
opendns.com. Everydns.net is a non-profit service they have 4 NS you
can use, those servers are located in different places, so you get a
good backup system. Everydns was also part of the first community
colo, the California Community Colo :) so the people are from the
community. We have being using them for almost 10 years now and no
complains! :)
bye,
toya