[sf-lug] AFFECTING YOU? "Offline Mode" feature fails to detect proper online state for networks that are managed outside of network manager

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:44:08 PDT 2008

This bug has been affecting a large number of Firefox 3.0 and Ubuntu
Hardy users.  If you are affected by it, I developed a temporary
solution that you can use until Firefox 3.0.1 is released and synced
up to the Ubuntu repositories...

The Firefox addon will allow you to disable offline mode completely so
that your Firefox experience is not degraded.  This bug will probably
affect you if you are using a proprietary wireless driver in
conjunction with NetworkManager.  Any feedback is welcome.  I hope it
helps someone as I am highly recommending the Hardy release to Linux
newbies I encounter.  Yay!
Kristian Erik Hermansen
CISSP, CEPT, CREA, CEH, Linux+, A+, QGCS, ACSA, this is getting ridiculous...