[sf-lug] AFFECTING YOU? "Offline Mode" feature fails to detect proper online state for networks that are managed outside of network manager

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 16:44:08 PDT 2008

This bug has been affecting a large number of Firefox 3.0 and Ubuntu
Hardy users.  If you are affected by it, I developed a temporary
solution that you can use until Firefox 3.0.1 is released and synced
up to the Ubuntu repositories...
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/191889
http://www.kristian-hermansen.com/code/disable.offline.mode/disable.offline.mode.html

The Firefox addon will allow you to disable offline mode completely so
that your Firefox experience is not degraded.  This bug will probably
affect you if you are using a proprietary wireless driver in
conjunction with NetworkManager.  Any feedback is welcome.  I hope it
helps someone as I am highly recommending the Hardy release to Linux
newbies I encounter.  Yay!
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen