[sf-lug] alt sf-lug meeting site [was: how to improve the sf-lug web site(s)?]

ron rondosxx at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 23 16:20:29 PDT 2008

 I'm trying to change the subject name because this appears to have nothing to do with the website. So if alt sites are being considered, I'd like to suggest the Mission district. It is centrally located to the entire city, more or less (thinking of Jim), and there are many potential meeting places.  I'd guess I'm reluctant to commit to going to the Tenderloin, though I acknowledge I have had difficulty attending many meetings during the school year. St. Anothony's seems like a different effort to me. I'd like to see Christian maybe develop a once a month program and recruit volunteers to staff a Linux workshop there. I see a lot of merit for the socializing and information sharing that occurs at JavaCat, whatever the merits of the space may be.