[sf-lug] Nagios on CentOS (perl-Net-SNMP vs. perl-net-snmp)

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Fri Jun 13 18:55:26 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 21:09 -0400, Tyler Trafford wrote:
> Tom Haddon wrote:
> > >
> > > I actually set this up just the other day, and had no issues.  CPAN
> > > never came into the picture...
> > > http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-ubuntu.html
> >
> > Yeah, that's kind of my point.
>
> So, what output does this give you:
>
> sudo yum list '*SNMP*'

Well on the server I was talking about, I actually bit the bullet and
manually downloaded the packages from the repo online and then installed
them (incidentally, installing from CPAN didn't work, I think because it
was depending on packages, and even though I'd installed from CPAN, I
hadn't installed the packages).

Luckily (!), I'm able to reproduce the issue on another server (again,
CentOS 4.6):

http://pastebin.com/m456a636f

Thanks, Tom