[sf-lug] audible.com

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Jun 5 12:09:38 PDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

> Its a pain in the ass, and why I don't use them any longer.  Now if I
> want an audiobook I just buy it on cd.  I am currently reading Tolstoy's
> War and Peace on my daily one hour bike rides after work.  I should be
> done with the novel in about two months :-). Anna Pavlovna is
> intriguing...

Alex and Kristian,

You might find you prefer the emusic.com audiobooks service.  I've been a
subscribe to eMusic.com since 2000 or 2001, and have always been pleased
at the way they sell me music - as MP3 files.

They have audiobooks now (I think they used to but stopped for a while),
and are promoting that - if you like it

(I have no affiliation with eMusic except having been a fairly happy
customer for the past seven or eight years or so.)

If you do go with eMusic, remind me to write to you about my Python tools
for creating a download queue....

-- Asheesh.

--
You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your
brakes are defective.