[sf-lug] OT: Digital Storytelling

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:24:07 PDT 2008

hi

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Lx Rudis <lx_rudis at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
>

> > what means "Digital Storytelling?"

The Digital Tipping Point is digital story telling.  It is a way for us to
reach people with video about what we (the FOSS community) are doing and why
we like doing what we do.  My hope is that by capturing video of all us
freaks doing our freaky (and entertaining) things, we will create stories
that are sufficiently interesting to newbies to get them interested in our
world and maybe even try FOSS.

I am betting that video editing and making video shorts with FOSS will soon
be as commonplace as typing emails.  I am hoping that members of our
community will find interesting stuff about their lives, shoot video of
themselves, and draw from the Internet Archive's Digital Tipping Point Video
Collection (IA DTP VC) and whatever other sources interest them and start
posting their own video shorts back to the Archive and to YouTube and other
similar repositories.

You can see our raw video here, where we currently have 59 hours of raw
video.  This video will need to be re-rendered for most uses other than
casual watching, as it is our "source code".

 http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=digitaltippingpoint

Our keyword search index page is located below.  It is the place to go to
find specific persons or themes for our footage.

http://tinyurl.com/yluwoc

Many of our names will appear there later.  Currently, we are still rough
editing stuff from Munich.  Just imagine, you, in a video with the Mayor of
Munich, both of you talking about why you like FOSS !

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point