[sf-lug] VPS question: accessible by root user on physical host?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 1 11:06:38 PDT 2008

Quoting Joe Royall (joe at 2resonate.net):

> On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
>
> > Quoting Joe Royall (joe at 2resonate.net):
> >
> > > Access to your data on a vps is trivial.
> >
> > You appear to have ignored what I said.
>
> No I didn't.

As mentioned to you -- twice -- the fact that Linode, Inc. _can_
trivially gain access to the contents of customer virthost filesystems,
through any number of mechanisms, utterly misses the already-cited key
point, that their actually doing so would commit serious business torts
and ruin their reputation if word ever got out.

I will be charitable, and conclude that you are deliberately paying no
attention.  (That is the more pleasant interpretation, of two that might
in theory pertain.)  Please do that with someone else.