[sf-lug] sf-lug meets sunday 11 AM at the javacat

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 07:37:03 PDT 2008

hi

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 8:30 AM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

> sf-lug meets this sunday from 11 AM to 1 PM
> at the javacat on geary blvd at 20th ave in
> SF from 11 AM to 1 PM. come on down.

Does anyone have an old (working) router that they could spare for a
low-income family who is just now trying to move to Hardy from Microsoft
Windows?  This family has one Hardy machine that they received from our
public middle school project.  Their ISP is Comcast.  Comcast gave them an
Arris TM5029 cable modem.  This modem is a well-documented source of
problems for GNU Linux users.  We have this final remaining fix that we are
going to attempt, but I am not terribly optimistic:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r19742633-

I spent 8 hours at this family's home yesterday before and after our school
project (thanks to all who came!) trying to get them connectivity.  I was
well and ably supported over the phone by two of our more able members of
this LUG, but all of us working together were not able to solve the
problem.  Also, the father of the family is interested in accepting one of
the boxes that we put together yesterday for his kid to bang on, and so he
will need a router.  Thanks in advance!  I will document this problem in
another email.

c u

--
Christian Einfeldt,