[sf-lug] Kwrite to Windows

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat May 24 22:33:13 PDT 2008

hi

2008/5/24 Truth E. Ness <truth.e.ness at gmail.com>:

> For some reason, when I send text files on an email attachment, no one
> seems to be able to read them.   I need to send them to officemax for
> printing.....any idea why they and others using windows can't read them, or
> what I can do to fix this?  I can't print them from home because my printer
> is down....I'm of course a newbie....help....

Sorry, I am not as familiar with printing in Kwrite as with OpenOfffice.org.

Do you have them set to print as .doc files?  In OpenOffice.org (OOo for
short) try going to Tools > Options > Load/Save > Document File Format, and
click on the arrows below "Always Save As" and choose Microsoft Word XP as
the default format.  Or, for each document, you could do File > Save As and
be sure to check to save the document as Microsoft Word XP.

Also, you should try to go to SF Freecycle (since you ARE the queen of
Freecycle) and get a printer that is compatible with Linux.

For those on the list who do not know it, this poster is Cheryl Lynn, a
friend of mine who owns SF Freecycle.  She works tirelessly to keep stuff
out of landfill, and she deserves good support on this list IMHO (as does
everyone, of course).

Cheryl, I'm sorry that I have not had time to come over and solve your
printer problem.  I think we probably need to upgrade your Linux operating
system.  That might solve your printer problem.  I will try to make time to
come over soon.  It is really great to see you on the list here!

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point