[sf-lug] Hello to the LUG

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Apr 28 09:31:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, JW wrote:

> Thanks Alex - the proc psuedofiles look interesting.  By way of
> introduction, I am new to the LUG.  My address is jmango as opposed to
> jmelon (but you were close Alex). I tend to wear two hats: I like to
> explore the substructure of the OS, but I prefer to be an advocate for
> the general public's point of view:

I think this is a very reasonable perspective: having a system that lets
you learn but doesn't require you to!

> I don't want to program, I don't like to type a lot, and I am a late
> adopter, so things will be stable and work the first time. If you ever
> see me take that point of view, I am doing so with a wink, as I do like
> the control of using a shell once in awhile.  Anyway, I'm looking
> forward to seeing everybody at the meetings.

I look forward to seeing you too (I promise, I'll make it back out a
meeting one of these days!).

-- Asheesh.

--
A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
enlightened him with ours.