[sf-lug] Canonical Commercial Repo - VMware?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:19:53 PDT 2008

2008/4/28 Ernest De Leon <edeleonjr at gmail.com>:
> Does anyone that works intimately with the Ubuntu project know if VMware
> Server 1.x or 2.x beta will be added to the canonical commercial repo for
> 8.04?  I think it was in the repo for 7.04 but not 7.10 for some reason.  I
> have been using virtualbox but it does not like my freebsd vm nor will it
> even load an opensolaris vm.  I do know that someone mentioned (at LUGRADIO)
> that opensolaris was not yet supported with virtualbox, so I would rather
> build the vm in vmware.  I don't want to have to rebuild the kernel modules
> every time the kernel is upgraded though.  Perhaps Tom has some inside info
> on this?

The "commercial" repository was renamed to "partner" in recent
releases.  I don't know why VMware is not in there any longer, but for
Hardy all I see is Opera :-(  Personally, I moved away from VMware to
VirtualBox out of spite of having to enter a license key and also
because the VMware package includes modules for like every damn
version of Linux ever created and has become bloated beyond
usefulness...

http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/dists/hardy/partner/binary-i386/Packages
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen