[sf-lug] Canonical Commercial Repo - VMware?

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:12:07 PDT 2008

Does anyone that works intimately with the Ubuntu project know if VMware
Server 1.x or 2.x beta will be added to the canonical commercial repo for
8.04?  I think it was in the repo for 7.04 but not 7.10 for some reason.  I
have been using virtualbox but it does not like my freebsd vm nor will it
even load an opensolaris vm.  I do know that someone mentioned (at LUGRADIO)
that opensolaris was not yet supported with virtualbox, so I would rather
build the vm in vmware.  I don't want to have to rebuild the kernel modules
every time the kernel is upgraded though.  Perhaps Tom has some inside info
on this?

Ernest de Leon

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

government." - Edward Abbey