[sf-lug] Ubuntu release ("back on-list" sub thread)

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 00:06:11 PDT 2008

I agree with you Kristian.  Sometimes things can get carried away, and
sometimes people come off as abrasive (more so to some than others.)  As you
mentioned earlier, the important thing is that we do not get out of hand
with it.  I will offer the olive branch and say that I do value Rick's input
whether it agrees with my own or not.  I guess it's for the best that we
table this...I'll admit that I was getting kind of irked, but in the end,
bickering doesn't solve anything.  No hard feelings Rick.

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> >  Overall, I should probably just adopt Marc Merlin's practice (seen on
> >  lists.svlug.org) of setting up a nightly crontab script to check all
> >  Mailman lists and remove any munging instituted by listadmins suffering
> >  lapses of judgement.  The neat thing about that:  No need to argue and
> >  explain.  Things get rectified automatically without waste.
>
> Oh, how I hope this list doesn't go the way of SVLUG :-)  And I am
> sure that it won't.  We have some of the brightest minds in the FOSS
> community here.  Rick is one of the most interesting, educated, and
> knowledgable people I have ever met.  Don't mistake his passionate
> rants for flames.  He has been around the block and back many times
> and speaks from experience.  If Rick chimes in, he really means to
> spread some knowledge.  And you can tell when he is passionate.  I now
> present to you my Moen Hypothesis:
>
> Rick Moen's passion for a particular subject in email can be
> quantified by the ratio of paragraphs with underscored words to the
> paragraphs without them.  Further, the passion of an individual
> paragraph can also be computed similarly.
>
> I leave the testing of my hypothesis as an exercise to the readers of
> this thread :-)
> --
> Kristian Erik Hermansen
> --
> "Clever ones don't want the future told. They make it."

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

government." - Edward Abbey