[sf-lug] Ubuntu release ("back on-list" sub thread)

jim jim at well.com
Sun Apr 27 23:21:21 PDT 2008

   well, i suspected, but did not intend to duck
any bullets: rather, i hoped you or LX or someone
would join in discovering proper rationale.
   i'm buying your reasoning (i'd guessed such
but wanted to remain open to other, possibly
convincing, arguments).

   for the record, i always want to help out,
certainly not burden others (especially you),
and getting involved promotes learning, which is
my primary interest.
   as to your comment below aimed at me, i don't
at all take it as heated. rather, you seem
direct and to-the-point.
   in general i consider your remarks well-meaning
and very helpful, if sometimes a bit impatient
(and there i'm usually sympathetic).
   the explanations strike me as helpful to
more than just the participants: on that score,
thank you.
jim