[sf-lug] Ubuntu release ("back on-list" sub thread)

bobbie sellers bliss at california.com
Sun Apr 27 17:48:34 PDT 2008

Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ernest De Leon (edeleonjr at gmail.com):
>
>> As I said two posts ago, how you run the list is your prerogative.
>
> The IETF settled the matter:  Your viewpoint got ashcanned.  That was
> nearly a decade ago.  The argument's over, dead, buried.  Read the RFCs.
>
>> I suppose this is the 3rd we're done?
>
> We're done.

	Of course I am totally ignorant of technical matters but I belong
to two other mailing lists run on different softwares which enable the
reply to all as standard and which through Thunderbird permit me to reply
to individuals.  So are List Serve and "I don't know the name of the
other one" violating these technical rules?  Or have they found a way
around it.  I used to belong to a third list which was run from a Mac
that had the same behavior as standard.  This list is the first where
I have to make sure I pick the mailing list address and I missed it
when I started this reply and then corrected it from my address book.

	later
	bliss -- C  O C O A  Powered

--
  bobbie sellers -(Back to Angband)Team *AMIGA & SF-LUG*

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
  It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
  the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
  It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
	--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.