[sf-lug] Ubuntu vs. Mandriva

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:25:50 PDT 2008

Touche the NPL did put a lot of restrictions on modifications of any kind to
the original code base.  No, slackware isn't dead, it just adds to my
argument that users should be spread among products to foster competition
and innovation, not amassed into one (or few) products, thus stifling

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> Quoting Ernest De Leon (edeleonjr at gmail.com):
>
> > Well netscape never really died did it?
>
> Er, Netscape's licence did not permit forking.[1]  Thus my point.
> (I'm rather surprised I had to diagram it.)
>
> > Either way, the Slackware example proves my point exactly.
>
> Slackware's dead?  Did I miss the memo?
>

> [1] Reference to Netscape Communicator and/or Navigator is assumed, else
> you would have said "Mozilla".

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com

voiced by Benjamin Franklin