[sf-lug] NTLDR is missing

Lx Rudis lx_rudis at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 25 11:24:52 PDT 2008

whee.

last night i powered up my dual-boot machine to be
greeted by the three words in my subject line.

the machine runs ubuntu and Xp.  recently i've been
experimenting with dyne:bolic, and although i did
attempt a 'nest' a few weeks ago, i usually run
dyne:bolic from a live CD.

on the Xp side, the last thing i did was scan for
spyware after updating my definitions - machine was
clean.

is it possible that i've corrupted my MBR by
dualbooting?

not sure if i'll bother rebuilding the computer to
dual-boot.  last night's excitement 'repairing' the
machine left a rather rank taste in my brain, and i'm
sorely tempted to repartition the main drive and start
over from scratch.

lx