[sf-lug] modifying the screen resolution under Ubuntu

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:32:02 PDT 2008

i agree with Tom,
backup your conf file then do the dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
that will get you rolling....which version of ubuntu are you using?  I
noticed in 8.04 some things changed with reconfiguring...it seems like it
defaults to the 'simple' rather than letting you select it from a choice of
3....you can always just manually add in the resolutions you want...then
just CTRL+ALT+BKSPACE to kill the desktop and reload it...

Ernest de Leon
http://www.smbtechadvice.com

voiced by Benjamin Franklin

government." - Edward Abbey