[sf-lug] Fwd: [UMALUG] Detect displays and resolution with nvidia-settings

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Apr 2 09:43:22 PDT 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> Any ideas?

I have the same problem in my classrooms, especially with older
projectors. If I swap my /etc/X11/xorg.conf with this one (a copy of my
old xorg.conf at http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/172) then it works
fine. Go figure.

I haven't had time to discern the differences between the xorg.conf from
nvidia-settings and the one I had from a while ago. I am sure the
"nugget of knowledge" is lodged somewhere in there .

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University