[sf-lug] Welcome to Philip Griffith

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 13:26:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am saying welcome to Philip Griffith, a new member of this LUG.  Philip is
a new user who is a 69 year-old guy who shares an apartment with his friend,
Bob, who is also about that age.  I gave them a Ubuntu box, and we are
teaching them some basic email stuff.  They are just joining this list for
the first time.

They are making a very interesting use of their Ubuntu box.  They have a
Dell P4 with 512 MB of RAM.  Bob is an accomplished piano player, and Philip
and Bob are using the Ubuntu box for recording Bob's original jazz piano
creations directly to the Ubuntu box.  We are going to be using Bob's music
for the Digital Tipping Point film, and I will be posting Bob's work to the
Internet Archive for anyone to listen to and to share.  I wanted to show Bob
and Philip how a mailing list works, and I wanted to welcome them to this
list.  They are still getting familiar with email lists, and so they will
probably be lurking for a while and not responding to email, so don't be
hurt if you say hello to them and they don't respond.  Email lists are a new
phenomenon to them.

c u