[sf-lug] Mark Shuttleworth speaks at BALUG Tuesday 3/25

jim stockford jim at well.com
Fri Mar 21 21:28:10 PDT 2008

(this is the first time i've seen square brackets used
for tags--anybody know what this is about?)

[B]Mark Shuttleworth[/B] will be speaking at the
[URL="http://www.balug.org"]Bay Area Linux Users Group[/URL]
on [B]Tuesday, March 25th[/B].

The event starts at [B]6:30pm[/B] in San Francisco and everyone is
welcome to attend.  That said, we may have space
limitations so RSVPing is a very good idea... it also helps us plan how
much food to prepare.

[B]RSVP at balug.org[/B]

[B][U]Cost[/U][/B]
The event is free, but dinner costs $13 for anyone who wants to eat

[B][U]Location[/U][/B]
6:30pm
Tuesday, March 25th
The Four Seas Restruant
731 Grant Ave
San Francisco, CA 94108

[U][B]Parking[/B][/U]
Parking on the street can be difficult.  $5 Parking within 1 block of
the
restaraunt is availible in the
[URL="http://www.portsmouthsquaregarage.com/"]Portsmouth Garage[/URL] at
733 Kearny.

[B][U]Upcoming Speakers[/U][/B]
BALUG has an excellent lineup of speakers for 2008.  We've already
hosted
Eric Raymond and Bruce Perens and our upcomming speakers include:

March 25th - Mark Shuttleworth
April 15th - Eric Allman
May 20th - Jeremy Allison
June 17 - Andrew Morton
July 15 - Mike Linksvayer
August 19 - TBD
Sept 16 - Ian Murdock

With so many great speakers, why not join BALUG's low-volume announce
list?

balug.org"]http:/
/lists.balug.org/listinfo.cgi/balug-announce-balug.org[/URL]

[U][B]About BALUG[/B][/U]
BALUG is lively gathering of Linux users & free software enthusiasts
that
combines great food, community & intimate access to featured speakers.
We
meet in the upstairs dinning room of the Four Seas Restaurant from
6:30pm.
At 7pm, we share a family-style Chinese dinner, which is followed by our
guest speaker.