[sf-lug] hi

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 20 20:02:21 PDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:41:22PM -0700, david perez wrote:
>    I would like to test out Linux as my winDohs system always crashes. Does
>    anyone have a spare computer to part with so I could experiment?

If you have spare disk space, you can always install Linux on a
separate partition.  Most modern Linux distribution installers include
a way for resizing the Windows section of your drive, to make space for
Linux.

Alternatively, you could try out Linux using a 'Live CD', such as Knoppix.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiveCD
and
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LiveDistros

Good luck, and welcome to Linux,