[sf-lug] extend the March 1 installfest, help finish building (nearly) FOSS boxes

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:00:32 PDT 2008

hi

I will be at the school this Saturday, March 15 from 1 pm to 5 pm, building
and installing more boxes that were not finished during the March 1
installfest.  If you would like to show up and help, please call me when you
arrive at 415-351-1300, because the school is really large, and the GNU
Linux Edubuntu (nearly) FOSS thin client lab is far from the front of the
building.

There will be plenty of free, locked parking.

I say that these boxes are (nearly) Free Software boxes, because Rick Moen
has asked that we on this list be very clear if there is any non-Free
software on this boxes, and since we have been installing Ubuntu and Flash
up until now, it is not entirely accurate to say that these boxes will all
be 100% Free Software.  There might be about 0.2% or so non-Free software.
Of course, anyone who would like to install gNewSense or Ututo-e is welcome
to do so, although I would probably have a hard time helping newbies with
those distros, as most of them want to be able to watch YouTube.

Thanks in advance for any interest.