[sf-lug] etckeeper publish

Tyler Trafford ttrafford at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 17:06:13 PST 2008

Here's another patch for that etckeeper publish (applies on top of the
first one).  These changes make it only remove files it should, even if
you accidentally put bad filenames in $PRIVFILES -So it's safer to test.

The publishing process goes through each commit, so the more there are
the longer it takes.  Maybe I should make it only load some customizable
max number of commits into the sanitized repo.

It goes without saying, but I'll do it any way: Check the generated repo
for compromising data before making it public.

I'll mail this to Joey Hess sometime this weekend, I suppose...  I'm not
sure what "mass" appeal this would have though.
--
Tyler Trafford

A sect or party is an elegant incognito devised to save a man from
the vexation of thinking.
		-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, Journals, 1831