[sf-lug] Hayes Valley Community Center - Status?

Tom Haddon tom at greenleaftech.net
Tue Mar 4 14:02:42 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 13:47 -0800, Romel Jacinto wrote:
> The current thread about how and who can get a free computer reminded me
> of the Hayes Valley Community Center computer lab that was implmentened a
> few months ago.
>
> How is that project going?
> Are there regular classes?

There are - currently on Tuesday nights. Attendance is not stellar, but
improving, and Kami Griffiths who has been organizing all the classes,
continues to work hard to get people interested and involved.

> How is support being handled?

At the moment, they have phone numbers for myself and a few other
volunteers, and call occasionally with issues (which doesn't tend to be
too often these days). Occasionally I'll stop in, or Jason or Jim or the
others will to work on things.

The best place for updates is:

http://www.sf-lug.com/wiki/doku.php?id=lug_projects:hayes_valley_community_center_computer_lab

> Any success stories about a user who used the lab to get acommplish
> something special?

I'd have to ask Kami about this. Will see if we can add a "success
stories" section to the wiki.

Cheers, Tom